Thursday, February 7, 2008

From the Index Non Prohibitum

The "Catholic" Quo Vadis (whose interweblog is on the Index and therefore should NOT be read) hath tagged me with a même.

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).

It is entitled "I Am America (and so can you) by one of the last bastions of truthiness left in this nation, Stephen Colbert.

2. Open the book to page 123.

Bien sur.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

Je finis.

4. Post the next three sentences.

But my sheepskin announces to all assembled that though I may be a man of the people, I also have the keys to the clubhouse. I can't count the number of times I've heard the phrase, "You went to Dartmouth? I find that hard to believe." Admissions is an arbitrary and demoralizing process, and no matter how hard you work, the outcome is often determined by personal connections.

5. Tag five people.

Five is even more than showed up for Mass at our chapel last week, so I shall tag Fr. Heidrich and George.

-the Future Most Rev. Chadwick LeJanvier, SSLI, Bishop of Knoxville

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I be a monk? I like latin. I like candles. I hate sinners. I don't eat at Mcdonalds (Calvinists!) of Ruby Tuesday (hedonists) or Red Lobster (communists).

And, I sing well